PIEZOGRAPHY FILE PREPARATION
This page provides information on preparing your image files for upload to our site, including image resizing, grayscale conversion and saving as Tiff. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you are new to these processes, and to prevent overwriting errors on your working file, we recommend you save your file with a new file name until you have completed the final conversion to Tiff.
1. Resize your image and maintain your native image resolution:
1. Open the “Image/Image Size” dialog box
2. Size your image to the size you would like it to be printed
3. To maintain the image’s native image resolution, uncheck “Resample Image”
4. Satisfactory results can be achieved with resolutions as low as 200 ppi, but we generally recommend an image resolution of 300 ppi or greater. With Piezography, we can print at resolutions as high as 1800 ppi.
For 3rd party resizing programs, such as Alien Skin Blowup or On1 Resize, follow the instructions for that program.
2. Convert your file to grayscale:
1. Open the “Image/Mode/Grayscale” dialog box
2. Flatten the image to merge the layers
3. This will reduce your file size and convert your file to single-channel grayscale for optimum printing with Piezography
4. Remove any remaining channels, except for gray
3. Print and Paper Size:
· Print sizes greater than 16” on the short side are printed on 24” roll paper and will come with 1” margins all around
· Size your print up to a maximum short-side width of 22” and any length
· Images printed at 16x24 or smaller are printed on sheet paper and will come with 1/2” margins all around or greater, as specified. Maximum sheet paper size is 17x25
· Prices are based on paper size, not print size
· All images will be centered on the page, unless directed otherwise
4. Save your file as Tiff:
· Flatten your image, if there are any remaining layers
· When you name your file, include your name and the print size for archival reference
5. Make sure your file meets the above criteria before sending. Include the following in the instructions with your file:
1. Your name
2. Paper choice
3. Print size
6. Upload and share your file and instructions into Dropbox, and contact us to let us know your image is available for printing.
Pricing and Payment
For up-to-date pricing click here. Payment can be made via PayPal. If you do not use PayPal, please contact us for alternate forms of payment. Once your payment is received in full, we will ship your order.
Orders usually take 3-5 days to complete. Unless otherwise requested, shipping is via standard ground. Rush orders and expedited shipping are available on request and accommodated as time permits. Prints are shipped in sturdy flat mailers or large tubes.
We will archive your image files for at least one year to accommodate ease of re-printing with consistent results.